Sunday, July 10, 2011

eharmony

Well, i guess there is no hiding it now.

Several weeks ago i was tempted to begin browsing the endless "classifieds" of the online singles market. I must say, that while i viewed this as an extremely acceptable thing for others to do, it certainly wasnt something i would ever admit to doing myself. I am merely 33, and have never struggled to find a relationship ever. However i've never been married, have been left at the alter more than once and haven't got the best track record for finding suitable 'life partners'.
 
Alas 5 weeks on and here i am, telling the whole world.

It all began as a harmless research project for my best friend D. She is in her 40's and is very ready to met mr Right. According to the stats and endless moaning by woman, finding love over 40's isn't as easy as one would think. In order to give D the best odds possible eharmony seemed like the logical choice. Bere in mind we live in a small seaside community. I think this whole thing was my idea, in all honesty and perhaps i even dare i say hustled her along on the search front. But back to my story...

It began harmlessly enough - free profile, get your matches for free, etc. Well after 1 hour of answering questions about myself and what it is i wanted in someone else i was beginning to understand how this system of matching might just be on to something.

eharmony have a great marketing strategy. They show your profile to other matches, but no-one can communicate with you unless you sign up. Well i wasn't thinking of signing up, but i wasnt about to waste all that effort either...besides what could it hurt?

Oh deary me, here began an obsession with online dating. My iphone lived in my hands those first few weeks, no matter where i was i was laughing, writing, reading, archiving potential matches...by this point i had almost forgotten this was supposed to be about D, and not me!

It didnt take long for me to figure out who i liked and who i didnt. But every single match had the potential to be Mr Right, so long as i could factor in the chemistry. So i admit, the first week especially i was obsessed and loving the attention. But then when i started to think about it, i felt guilty.

Prior to this i had been spending time in prayer recently thanking god for sending me a wonderful, spiritual, loving husband, that i could nurture and enjoy sharing this journey with. And here i was taking matters into my own hands! Sigh, i almost quit right then and there...

BUT...

something was beginning to happen to my heart,

and his name, was

James

No comments:

Post a Comment